Hotmail.com Login Page
If you are looking for steps to sign in to email account, then you have landed on the right page. Hotmail has now been changed to outlook.com, but with your account, you can still access inbox through the outlook.com. Internet users looking to create a classic account can do so through the outlook.com sign up page. The procedure to log in to your account is discussed in depth below.
- Choose any of the popular web browser icons on your computer screen and click on it.
- You will need to type www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com in the web address of the browser and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- You will land in the outlook.com sign in page. This is where you need to sign in for email account as well.
- In the first type field that you see on the outlook.com sign in page, you should enter your email address that ends with @hotmail.com domain. If you do not enter this domain, you will not be allowed to log into mail.
- After entering the email address, move the mouse pointer to the second type box and click inside it. This is the box to type the password. Enter the password correctly without any errors.
- Once done, click on the sign in option button and you will instantly land on your inbox. Now, you can send and receive emails through Hotmail.
Sign-in tips and features
Even though the sign in process to access emails is a very simple process, there are times when you find it difficult to sign in to your account. The most common sign in error that users make is to type the username or email address incorrectly. If you do not type a correct username, you will be denied access to your inbox. All the characters of your username must be typed the same way you had entered during the sign up process. Some of the other sign in tips are:
Retrieving Hotmail sign in details
If you have missed your password and this is preventing you from logging into your account, then you can retrieve your password through outlook.com. You need to press the link ‘forgot password’ or ‘can’t access my account’ option and answer all the questions that are asked to retrieve your login details.
You can sign into Hotmail very easily and also enjoy automatic sign in. To enjoy the automatic sign in, you should visit the outlook.com sign in page. Key in your username and the password in the respective type fields and then click the check box next to the option ‘stay signed in’ or ‘keep me signed in’. Then press the sign in button and start using your inbox. No matter you sign out of inbox, the next time you visit the www.hotmail.com page on the computer you set the keep me signed in option you will be directed to the inbox and you will not be asked for your username and password anymore. This feature should only be chosen if you are using a private computer and not a shared or a public computer.
Create email aliases
With the new mail, you have the option to create many aliases for your username. This is a particular useful feature for users who do a lot of things online and has many uses. If you would like to create aliases for your username, then follow this simple procedure:
- Visit the login page suing your web browser. Sign in to your account by entering your email address and password.
- When you are in the inbox, look for the options and click on it.
- In the drop down menu, choose ‘create aoutlook alias’ option and click on it.
- Follow the instructions that come up on the screen to create an alias for your username.
Recover deleted emails
Did you accidentally delete an important message? Well, you are aware that it is really hard to recover any deleted messages. The new mail offers you the option to recover the deleted email messages. In order to recover the messages that have been deleted, you need to follow this process.
- Visit the sign in page and enter your login credentials in the appropriate text fields.
- Now click the sign in button and enter your inbox.
- In the inbox, click on the options icon and from the drop down menu, choose the ‘Advanced privacy settings’ and click on it.
- There you need to find out the deleted tens folder and click on it. At the top of this window, you will see the recover deleted item’s options, click on it.
- It will display the list of the deleted messages that it can recover. If you find the one you are looking for, choose the recover option and press OK.
Sorting the emails
Hotmail offers you an amazing feature to sort all the emails that you receive in your inbox by date, subject, from, size and the conversation. This way it will be easy for you to get to the emails you are looking for quickly. With the option of arranging by size, you will be able to find out the e-mails that are eating up a lot of your space.