Hotmail vs Gmail.com
Hotmail account creation
The following are the steps involved in creating an account.
- Visit the www.hotmail.com website or www.outlook.com home page using your favorite browser.
- Once you are on the outlook.com sign in page, click the ‘create account’ option you see at the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the account creation page. Here, you will need to enter your personal details like first and last name, country/region, gender and birth date details. Make sure that you enter all the personal details correctly in the respective text fields as they will come in handy when you are recovering your password or email account.
- The type fields for the username and the password has to be filled with care. The username you create must be followed with @hotmail.com domain as you are looking to open an email account. You have the option to use any username that you like or choose one that it suggests you.
- The password you enter must be at least 8 characters long. Make sure that you create a strong password that cannot be easily hacked.
- The last few entries are to make your account secure. You will be asked to enter your alternate email address and phone number. Be sure to give your genuine email address and phone number as it can be used to recover your password, set up and use two-step verification or single use code options.
- The last field before you click on the account creation button is the CAPTCHA code. Enter the code that you see on the screen in the type box provide to complete filling the account creation form.
- Once all fields are entered, click on create account option to complete the sign up process.
Gmail account creation
The following is the procedure to sign up for an email account.
- Open the internet browser and type www.gmail.com in the address bar. You will be taken to the sign in page.
- Look for ‘sign up’ or ‘create an account’ option and click on it. You will be directed to the account creation page.
- To set up a new account, you need to fill in a few particulars asked on the account creation form. The first entry is in the last and the first name. This is followed by the username that you would like to use. This is the name that you will place before the @gmail.com option to complete your email address.
- After you enter the username, you will be asked to key in a password. Make it a strong one by including alphanumeric characters and special characters.
- The next fields will ask your personal information like birth date details, gender, location, mobile number and your current email address. Key all details correctly as they might be used when you want to recover your account or its password.
- Click on the next step option and you will be directed to the Create profile page. Follow the instructions to add a profile photo, if you wish, and then finally click on the next step to complete the Gmail Signup process.
All the emails that come to your inbox are grouped according to their type and therefore you can easily find the emails you want. There will be no or very less ads that pop up on your screen. You can chat with your Facebook friends’ right from the inbox and all social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn can be synced with accounts.
Benefits of Gmail
The user interface of Gmail is neat and clean and it is very easy for you to compose or read messages. You have the option of creating customized labels in your inbox so that all emails pertaining to particular subject can be moved to these labels. Mail filters can be used to prevent mails from cluttering your inbox from certain senders or domains. With Google Hangouts integration, now you can chat or carry out the video call with your contacts.
With so many options and features, Hotmail is on par if not slightly better than the service.
There are many people still in a dilemma when it comes to choosing either Gmail or Hotmail as their primary email address. They find it difficult to choose between the two as both these email services offer a host of features that cannot be resisted. It is the oldest email services around and it started its operations two decades ago. There have been a lot of improvements made on it to make it a very useful email client by Microsoft and now it has been given a new avatar in the form of outlook.com. Gmail, on the other hand, was launched in 2004 and soon became the most popular web based email service. It offered a lot of features that other email services do not offer and thereby gained quick popularity. With Microsoft is giving a complete revamp and adding new features to it, Outlook too is giving Gmail a good competition. Let’s discuss about how to create an Outlook and a Gmail account and then talk about the benefits that both Hotmail and Gmail offers.