How to Hotmail Sign In
Signing into a Hotmail account
If you are looking at clear cut instructions on how to sign in to the account that you have created, then see the instructions that are given below. The first thing you need to understand is that you should have your username and password right at hand when you are looking to sign in. If you do not have an account, then you should first create one before you sign in into the account. Creating an account is very simple and easy. Visit the hotmail.com webpage or Outlook.com sign in page and click on the ‘create an account’ option you see on the page. You will be taken to the account creation page of Microsoft. Enter the details asked for in every field box and make sure that you choose a username and password that is easy to remember for you. After you have created your account, it is now time to sign in to your account.
- Open the web browser and visit the page www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com. Even if you enter the hotmail.com in your address bar, you will be taken to the Microsoft Account sign in page. There is nothing to worry about. You can use your username and password here to access your inbox without any issues.
- The first box that you see on the sign in page is to enter your username. It might be shown as email or phone or email@example.com. You should key in your username correctly in this box.
- Then move your cursor to the next box or the second box just underneath the username box. Here, you will have to key in the correct password without any errors or missing letters or characters.
- After this, you just need to move the cursor to sign in option and then click on it. If all the details you entered are correct, you will be instantly taken to your inbox.
If you have activated the two step verification process for added security, then sign in to the Microsoft account will be a bit different.
2-step verification sign in
- Visit the sign in page like you do always and there you should enter your username and password in the right boxes.
- Once done, you will quickly be asked to enter a six digit code that you will be getting on your phone if you have linked your phone for this process.
- The six digit code will be sent to your mobile every time you try to log in to your account. There will be not much delay in sending the code to your mobile. If you do not get the code after a few minutes, then you can request to resend the code.
- As soon as you receive the 2-step verification code, enter it in the space provided and then click on ‘verify’.
- You can access your inbox if the code is entered correctly.
Anyone who uses the computer and the internet will be aware of email service. Hotmail was the first web based email service to come up on the World Wide Web and it was a revolution when it started. It turned out to be a very easy means of communicating with anyone far and wide instantly. The launch of meant that people starting to reduce the dependence on letters and faxes and started to send and receive important documents, letters, photos, etc., and that too very instantly. The best part is that emails can be received at any corner of the globe if the sender and receiver’s have computer and internet connection and also an account.
Hotmail has undergone plenty of changes in the past few decades and it is now owned by Microsoft. There is no web based service now and everything is shifted to Microsoft Outlook.com account. This is the new web based email service of Microsoft. Anyone with an account can access his or her mails by using their old mail username and password in the sign up page of Outtlook.com. If you are very particular about using an account even now, then you can also create a new account on the Microsoft sign up page. Also, with your account, you can access any of the Microsoft services available on the web like OneDrive, Xbox Live, MSN, Outlook.com, Bing, etc.
Features of your account
Go through the details given below to know the best features that offers its users.
You have the option to send huge files through your account with the integration of SkyDrive. mail provides you with the option to send 10 GB files through a single mail. Also, you are provided with 25GB of free storage space for your account. There is an HTTPS security feature active for all your login sessions. Use the Microsoft office web apps to edit, share and view office documents without downloading it on your computer. Photo button seen on the left sidebar can be used to send many images in the mail. Search auto complete feature will help in getting terms listed automatically when you type a few words. Chatting with friends can be done from your inbox. Click on the name of your friend to start a new chat. The availability of the friend is shown through status colors.